You can now vote for 4x4 Mecca! Please vote now.

Go Back   4x4 Forum | 4x4 Mecca > Vendor Forum > DIY4X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2011, 11:06 AM   #1 (Link to post)
Points: 334, Level: 2 Points: 334, Level: 2 Points: 334, Level: 2
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Before Patties day

Good day all!!
I swear once xmas is over ima buy my xmas stuff and get to werk.
ive got a 1500 checkout list on DIY4X.com that i cant wait to receive.
was gunna do B52's but use 56's like skullcrusher. but i need to do some weight research on springs. I still wanna haul wood.
Utah is so full of eeps!!! i wanna take the whole fam wheelen not just the dogg. Move The F ova, Ill pullya out on my way back hehe
sorry to ramble, have a great day all!!
Happy Holidays!!!
Old December 8th, 2011, 06:07 PM   #2 (Link to post)
Shiny Side Down
Points: 1,034,110, Level: 100 Points: 1,034,110, Level: 100 Points: 1,034,110, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Name: Chad

Awards Showcase
MOTM 
Total Awards: 1

Welcome Aboard & Happy Holidays.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rearend. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.
cbbr is offline   Patriotic 4/6 - If it breaks, I can usually fix it. Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #3 (Link to post)
"Diapers"
Points: 508,981, Level: 100 Points: 508,981, Level: 100 Points: 508,981, Level: 100

Name: Cody

Awards Showcase
MOTM 

Welcome aboard.

What are you swapping springs on?

Whats the specs of your suburban?

I hear DIY4X is a great place to shop with excellent products/customer service. Maybe when I stop being so damn broke, Ill order some disk brake brackets, along with some other goodies.

Be sure to take some time and look around the site. Theres TONS of tech in here at your disposal. I try to make a habit of reading something new each day.

"Welcome to the world... just remember that everyone fails, its how you recover that defines you. Use any of it as an excuse and it will keep you down, use it as a lesson and it will make you stronger."- cbbr
Loftis61 is offline   Marines 5/6 - I can fix almost any problem I come across. Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #4 (Link to post)
Frite poiken
Points: 189,489, Level: 62 Points: 189,489, Level: 62 Points: 189,489, Level: 62
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%

Name: Phil

Awards Showcase
MOTM 

:welcome:
I have some DIY4X parts on my K5, and I had the good fortune of visiting their shop. I think you'll be happy with the quality and strength of their products.
I think with springs you'll end up doing some experimenting with different leaf combinations (overloads or not) to find out what works for you.
Like Loftis said, what are you working on? We like pics!

Good advice I once received:
"Keep your wits sharp, your heart open...and your gun loaded."
filo is offline   Army 5/6 - I can fix almost any problem I come across. Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #5 (Link to post)
Points: 334, Level: 2 Points: 334, Level: 2 Points: 334, Level: 2
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%

Default Burb!!!

Good day all, happy holidays.
Hey guys I got 84 burb/verted to a 3/4 ton. corp 14 in rear dana 44 in front. 6 onch lift in front with blocks in back.
All stock steering except for raised steering arm.
while out fishing anf wheeln 2 days ago i rubbed on front back of fender. So now im debaten moven front axle forward and bigger lift maybe 8 total. No body lift just springs and EZ Inches.
Figured with B52 swap from DIY4X. I was gunna put 4in lift 56s' up front netten 8 inch total right? than shackle flip and 6.5in shackles for rear than a 4 in 56er in the rear to netten close t0 10in maybe a smaller shackle. Mostly looken to get the most flex outta this burb as possible. But still drive on freeway at 70mph to go camping, fishing and flexing
Nice to see a BigAssRig on the trails!!!!
Old December 14th, 2011, 11:25 AM   #6 (Link to post)
"Diapers"
Points: 508,981, Level: 100 Points: 508,981, Level: 100 Points: 508,981, Level: 100

Name: Cody

Awards Showcase
MOTM 

I think with the 56's, alot of people have been playing with spring packs and making their own to combine between 4-6" of lift with some decent flex.

I fully support the shackle flip in the rear. If your going to DD it, I wouldnt suggest going with shackles any longer than 6" due to side-loading them.

I also wouldnt suggest the EZ inch. Know how its a no-no to weld blocks in the front? Its debatable, but in my eyes, and EZ inch serves the same purpose except your just moving that block inside the spring pack. I do, however, like the concept of being able to help relocate the axle an inch or two with them.

What size tires are you running? If your really wanting flex, I highly suggest you do some light body trimming. If done right, it wouldnt be very noticeable to the untrained eye, and it would allow much more flex at the cost of more lift. More lift = instability due to higher COG

"Welcome to the world... just remember that everyone fails, its how you recover that defines you. Use any of it as an excuse and it will keep you down, use it as a lesson and it will make you stronger."- cbbr
Loftis61 is offline   Marines 5/6 - I can fix almost any problem I come across. Reply With Quote

Tags
day, patties