January 2013 – Working on the mobile theme the most. Resize your browser and see what I mean. I’m working on a slick, smooth mobile website.
- Finish Mobile Website & App
- Add 1,000 Trails
- Add 1,000 Tech Articles
- Add 1,000 Forums/Clubs
- Add 1,000 Vendors
- Add 100 Newsletter Articles
- Add and Train additional Staff
- Add 25+ Pillar Articles (Articles which are very long and in depth)
- Add 1,500 Trails
- Add 1,500 Vendors
- Add 1,500 Forums/Clubs
- 4×4 Podcast? (If there is enough interest)
The forums are running smoothly. They haven’t been changed in a long time. The members know how to use it, and there is no reason as of now to fix something which isn’t broken.
- That being said, I do want to make the forums cleaner on a mobile phone without having to install an app.
THE MAIN SITE
The main site refers to everything NOT in the forums. Here is a bullet point TO DO LIST for 4×4 Mecca.
- Find good chat that works with wordpress registered members.
- Make user blogs automatically created when they become an EXTREME Member.
- Make Mobile Version of site more user friendly.
- Add over 3000 trails during 2013
- Add over 3000 vendors during 2013
- Add over 1,000 forums & clubs during 2013
- Average 100,000 page views monthly by the end of 2013
- Clean up user “favorites” feature.
- Location Aware Searches
- Have our trails, clubs and vendor searches automatically search depending on your current location. This can be cell phone or computer.
- Set up Private Messages – Send private messages to other site members
- Create Unique Member Only Content
- Get access to our lengthy, members only content. This includes lengthy how to articles, a training video library, brochure download area, in depth trail reviews, and more!
- I may make this content available to non members if the tax on the server to serve this content isn’t major.
- No Ads Anywhere for paying members.
- Affiliate Program (it’s in place, but not configured fully)
- RSVP to Events – RSVP to upcoming events, see who else is going, and more!
- Tag Friends – Tag other registered members as your friends and keep track on what they are doing.
- Free 4x4Mecca sticker (for paying members, I’d like to have a bumper sticker mailed to them when they sign up)
- Access to emergency repair articles on mobile app without internet connection.
- Members Only Chat Room
- Custom Blog – Your very own 4×4 blog! You can use it as a central location for all your build posts, a personal build journal, or almost anything else 4×4 related.
- Classifieds – Free posting to our classifieds section
- Possibly create some sort of parts database, so people can type in something like “axle seal” and it would present a list of all the axle seals, usages, and part numbers that we have.
- Add more content to newsletter.